LOCAL SEARCH OPTIMIZATION
Search engines can distinguish local intent for most searches these days. Using IP address mapping, search engines know where visitors are searching from—and depending on the nature of the search query, they will provide a map and related contact data as a result. But the local search context is even bigger than that—and includes a myriad of specific web and local directories that provide their visitors real-time offers, reviews and client feedback. Google and Yelp are two examples of well-known local directories.
As a locally-focused, brick-and-mortar business, it is critical that your business be present in these local listings. WebVitality provides a comprehensive, ongoing local search optimization service which includes the following items:
- Claim, optimize and maintain your local listings on the two largest search engines: Google Plus Local and Bing Places for Business.
- Submission of your Name/Address/Phone Number (NAP) plus relevant business categories and listing information data to multiple local directories through powerful data feeds. The goal is to list your business data consistently in the public, searchable listings of as many directories as possible.
- Claim, optimize and maintain your listings on secondary—yet critical—directories such as Yelp, CitySearch, Manta and more. The goal is to list or claim your listing on a new directory every month.
- Ensure your company website completely supports and aligns with local listing and maps requirements.
- Regularly test your local ranking on major search engines using focused keywords to ensure your business continues to rank on local search results. Assess and determine ways to improve ranking.
- Update your listings as required based on ever-changing local search site updates. This will also include updating you on what you can do to support the local listings you already have. Actions we might request include receiving verification codes via mail, email or phone, providing specials and coupons we can advertise for you, and obtaining client reviews on the different local listing engines or directories. We will advise you every step of the way so everything runs smoothly.
- Monthly reports describing the activity we have engaged in on your behalf.
If you want help getting your local listings solidified, call us at (800) 450-5390 or use the form on the right to get started.